Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breakfast

One of the biggest changes I am planning to make to my eating habits is the addition of breakfast back into my daily meal plan.

I am LAZY and quite the opposite of a morning person... so needless to say I snooze my alarm about a million times before I actually get out of bed to get ready for work. Never leaving myself any time to have breakfast at home.

My secret weapon? A box of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal in my desk at work.

Day two of my plan started this morning with a nice warm cup of oatmeal and a cold drink of water.

I will eventually start forcing myself out of bed earlier so that I can have other things for breakfast at home. I bought spreadable Honey when I went grocery shopping this past weekend. My husband says that it is quite good on toast and I would like to be able to at least try it one morning.

For lunch today I have a variety of fruits, 2 hard boiled eggs, a yogurt with granola and some wheat thins. I plan on picking myself up a green tea with ginseng and honey as well.

All and all it is a good feeling to know I am taking better care of myself.

The beginning of this week has been busy for me; with a networking event last night for work... which I believe I did well with balancing what I ate. It was pretty much an all you can eat buffet of sample foods... I kept myself in check and was proud.

Tonight we have choir after dinner... so tomorrow begins that daily walks after dinner. I am so happy that my husband is on board with this whole thing, because it's something else we can enjoy doing together.

Well, now I'm off to find a delicious and healthy recipe involving Chicken and Asparagus for dinner tonight.

I should also get back to work.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment