Thursday, July 28, 2011

Leap of Faith

I have always questioned what I want to do with myself. What I can do that I would enjoy and that would also spread joy....

In March of this year I joined something called The 365 Project online (www.365project.org). It is a website where you take a photo a day for a year and then you can look back at your year. It's pretty much a photo blog and it's a great community.

The more involved with taking pictures everyday I have become, the more stimulated I feel about getting a good camera and actually learning the tricks of the trade. I have always loved taking photos and I honestly think that this is something I could do for the rest of my life.

The goal in this is to stick with something all the way through... at this point I am 39% complete with 145 photos posted so far. I am proud of the fact that I haven't just given up on it... and some days are just so busy, but I always try to get at least one good picture to post, even if it is at the last second...

It also makes me seek out photo worthy objects and attempt to capture them in the best way. I know nothing about lighting or any of the other things that go along with setting up photos.... yet... But I plan to.

I requested a brochure from the NY Institute of Photography for information on their online classes.

I told my husband that the only thing I want for my birthday is a really nice camera. A real photography camera...

I believe I found my nitch and it feels great to finally not wonder what I was meant to be doing with my artsy talent... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment