Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby Steps

We all have a list of things that we would like to accomplish.  From the small things around the house to the larger life goals.  When compiled as a single list it can look quite overwhelming.  How on earth can a person find the time to complete all these things in a year?!?! 

My advice? BABY STEPS.

Start with the small and work towards the large.  Sometimes there will be challenges that get in the way of your goals and you may have to re-route your efforts temporarily.  Occasionally life's little detours make you push some goals off to the side in order to work on the here and now.  I say, that's OK.  Such is life; it's unpredictable and does not always go according to plan.

That's when you sit down and re-evaluate.  Pat yourself on the back for the things that you can cross off that mental list.  Re-arrange the things that can wait a little longer.  Bump up some priorities that you don't want to go to the way side and add in whatever hiccup life has thrown your way.

A good plan is everything, but everything is not always included in that plan.  We've got to learn to adapt and roll with the punches or we will feel like we've lost control.

We can only devote our full attention to one thing at a time.  Multi-tasking is a wonderful thing, but you've got to balance out the items on the list of things you can handle simultaneously without overloading yourself.  That is usually better with your smaller goals that you can be working towards at the same time.

Bigger goals may require more planning and more time to work towards. But anything can be done if you set your mind to it!

I'm compiling my list of things to accomplish throught this year and I truly hope when 2012 comes to an end I can say that I have satisfied most, if not all of them.  Maybe I will be bold enough to share my list with everyone... maybe. ;-)

So, here's to baby steps and deep breaths!! May we all meet our goals this year.





1 comment:

  1. I need to do this!! Sometimes hearing others say it gives you an ah ha duh! moment. I know all this BUT I'm overly dramatic, spread too thin and often lazy. I think my little sister should write my list because I obviously would try to over acheive and be completely over realistic....hmmm has anyone seen my sister?

    ReplyDelete