Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've had better days...

I had a hard morning this morning... maybe not the most difficult day of my life, but rough all the same.

I had a baby shower to attend today. I got up with plenty of time to shower, get ready and I even had time to eat breakfast and relax before my ride got here.

The difficulty came with my wardrobe and my unhappiness with my body. I don't usually fret too much about what I wear, but I like to look presentable. Especially when attending a social event. I must have changed a million times and at one point could have just locked myself in my room and stayed there all day... My emotions got the best of me.

This has been my first breakdown in this battle and I am quite positive that it will not be my last. I am a very emotional person, so I know that on hard days I will feel worse then usual about how I look and how much I hate the way my clothes look on me.

I finally got dressed (wearing the initial outfit I had on) and waited for my ride.

The shower was lovely and the food was heavy and mostly pasta based, but I believe I did well balancing what I ate. Had a little pasta, some brocoli salad and some ham.

Here's the best part.... I turned down CAKE and COOKIES!!! I didn't even have a bite of either. This is big for me. I am an emotional eater and after the morning I had I would have loved nothing more then to enjoy the comfort of a cookie. But I decided if this lifestyle change is ever going to work, then I need to learn how to say no to myself.

I get home to all the fixings for Taco Salad for dinner and my thoughful husband even picked up 2% Shredded Cheese and Light Sour Cream. I don't care how starnge this may sound, but this made me SO happy.

So after a rough morning and a nice afternoon with a small feat in my battle won... all and all today wasn't so bad. I've had better, but I've also definitely had worse.

OK, that's all for now... Until next time. Enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment