Thursday, March 24, 2011

One week down, a lifetime to go...

So my first week of eating better and just being healthier overall was not so bad. I actually enjoyed it... I had to step a little more outside my box when planning and cooking meals which was nice. Sometimes you just get tired of the same old and I was in a pretty solid routine of meal rotation.

The only thing that bothered me were the cravings... but I guess when you take something in often enough your body kind of becomes dependent on it. I have a lot of food weaknesses. I love desserts, fried foods, salty foods, cheese, snacks. Which in moderation aren't so horrible for you. But my appetite knew nothing of moderation as of late.

If I can quit smoking cold turkey (which I did on Jan 1st of this year) I can quit eating all the items that go right to my fat cells... at least for now, until I am in a much better place and can afford a treat every now and again (in moderation).

This week I had one chocolate covered strawberry. The remainder of the things I ate were healthy and involved NO CHOCOLATE. I am proud of myself for that. I resisted temptation all week with the candy bowl at work. :-)

Even though I was craving chocolate something fierce today.

I've decided to reward myself for a Fantastic first week! Tomorrow, TGIF, my friend and I will be going out to lunch. Relax, we're only going to Saladworks and since it's Friday and Lent; I can't eat meat anyway.

I have been thinking about my salad options and I believe I will be getting Eggs, Mozz Cheese, Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Lite Ranch Dressing with a wheat roll. I'm looking forward to it!

Rewarding yourself for doing well at something is a good way to keep yourself on track... gives you something fun and good to look forward to, even if it's not a ooey, gooey cookie. :)

Until next time... Stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment