Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mental Nurishment

If there is one thing I have learned, it's that the only thing in this world that I have absolute control over is myself.

No matter how much any of us would like to control what happens around us, we ultimately cannot.

However, we can control the way WE deal with any given situation. The choices we make shape us as individuals and are a part of who we become.

I've come to terms that however much I may disagree with something, I have two choices; accept it or change it. That which cannot be accepted must be changed and that which cannot be changed must be accepted.

I'm content in the fact that as long as I am happy with the way I handle myself, then it doesn't really matter what other people think. There is no "right" way of living your life... but there is a positive way and a negative way. Your choices determine which side of that spectrum you fall on.

I intend to live mine on the positive side.

Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment